Islamic Centre Project
Help serve 10,000+ Muslims by establishing the 1st Islamic Centre in the Neighbourhood
Churchill Meadows, Lisgar and Erin Mills West neighbourhoods have one of the most dense and diverse population of Muslims and yet not a single Islamic Centre in the area. After a great deal of persistence and hardwork over the past years, we have gained a unique opportunity to acquire land for our future Islamic Centre!
A close-by dedicated and sustainable space for daily Salaah, Jumu'ah, Ramadhaan, and 'Eid
Equipped with an Islamic School that will provide and further quality academic education
Services and facilities for the entire family including social and recreational spaces for Youth, Women, and our Seniors
Promoting inter-faith dialogue, tackling Islamophobia, and serving local initiatives to build a safer and stronger community together
Please support the project generously
Milestones Achieved -- By the Grace of Allaah
- All plans submitted for the third (and, inshaa Allaah, final ) review to the city, region, Alectra and MTO.
- Completed Two cycles of review by the City Building Permit Dept, City Site-planning Dept., and Region of Peel.
- Paid required fees and applied for approvals of plans to the City of Mississauga, Region of Peel, MTO, Alectra and City traffic department.
- Completed Site plans, grading plans, site-servicing plans, storm water management plans, structural plans, foundations plans, mechanical (heating and air-conditioning) plans, electrical plans, interior layout plans, landscaping plans, etc.
- Got civic address assigned -- 3520 Odyssey Dr.
- Paid this year's installment for land cost -- $835,000 (out of $1,018,000) -- $183,000 still to be paid
- Paid off all loans borrowed from the community for land closing -- $146,290
- Took possession of the land, Alhamdulillaah, on March 15, 2017 at the closing cost of $2.266 Million
Phase I - Masjid
We want to start five time daily salaah and Jumu'ah as soon as possible. The Phase I Masjid (Tension Fabric Structure) will fulfill these needs.
- Structure Features
- Tension Fabric Structure by Sprung
- Prayer Hall Capacity of 500 Musalleen
- Islamic Teaching Facilities
- Moms and Tots room
- Women, Men Washrooms / Wudu Stations
- Kitchen Facility
- Phase I Cost Break Down
Building Permit related costs *
Development Charges *
Land Servicing *
Phase I Structure purchase
Installation of Structure *
Electrical and Plumbing *
Interior Structure *
Equipment & Supplies *
* Estimate based on currently available information
Phase I - Latest Update
We are fairly close to getting the building permit inshaa-Allaah. The team is ready to respond to the latest round of comments from the City as soon as we receive them to get to the building phase.
Fund Raising Need for December 2017
To ensure that we are able to start work as soon as permits and approvals are received, we need to raise $250,000 urgently. The key expenses coming up over the next few weeks include:
- Development charges to be paid to the City : $400,000
- Site servicing for both Phase 1 and Phase 2 : $320,000
- Land Payment Installment : $183,000
Taking into account the money we have, we are short by $250,000, please donate generously to make up this shortage.
Updated July 07, 2017
Phase I Masjid
43 / 500
156 / 1000
$15.07K / $100K
Make Islamic Centre a part of your family's budget and be the "Brick" of the Foundation
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:
Whoever builds a Masjid for Allaah's sake, Allaah will build a similar place in paradise for him/her.
Amounts Paid for Building Permit
Below are the amounts that have been paid so far for Building Permit related costs.
MTO Clearance for Site Plan approval
Engineering Drawings Fee (50% of fee)
Land Cutting and Grading
Building Permit Application Fee
Enbridge Gas Installation
Site Plan Application Fee
Servicing Plan Application Fee
Planning Service, Inspection Fee
Landscaping Architect, Fire Hydrant Test
Alectra Utility Deposit
Total Paid so far:
Location of the Project
5.12 Acres of land has been acquired at the below location
MNN Islamic Centre Civic Address
3520 Odyssey Drive, Mississauga
Enter your text here...